CUPE Local 5265 represents all persons employed as part-time faculty members by King’s University College, in London, Ontario, to teach degree-credit courses.
The Union needs to contact its members from time to time to keep them informed. Therefore, we are asking our new members to provide their contact information. Please email your non-uwo email address to the executive at email@example.com
- We are still hearing of members shut out of the application process because of errors made on the Online Application Form. Please read the following document, on Completing the Online Application Form
- CUPE 5265 is seeking a Secretary Treasurer. If you’re interested in serving the membership and providing leadership to our union, please contact the executive: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To obtain a Record of Employment (ROE), please contact email@example.com . The ROE is used by Service Canada in the adjudication of applications for employment insurance.
- U of T academic workers vote for a strike mandate: media release.
- T4s for 2020 are now available: click the link for more information: King’s T4s
- Payroll has provided an informational pdf on the process to claim “Work from Home Expenses” for the 2020 tax year.
- Payroll also has information on the “New Reporting Requirements” on T4 slips, related to Covid-19 periods
- The seniority list has been updated, as of Feb. 2021.
- The Welcome Package was updated/corrected on Feb. 17, 2021
- We are in a negotiating year—our Collective Agreement expires in April—and members are invited to provide their views on priorities for the new contract. Please consider sharing your views with the union executive as we gear up for bargaining.
- We are searching for a Membership Outreach Officer, who will be a member of the executive, and be responsible for communications and sustaining membership. A complete list of duties is available in the union bylaws (Sec. 9, p. 12). Please be in touch if you are interested in taking up this executive position (firstname.lastname@example.org).